-
Posts
9,800 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
53
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Downloads
Store
Gallery
Articles
Everything posted by Peckris
-
A blast from the past
Peckris replied to Gary D's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
You could display that proudly in a collection with all the repair stuff written up on your database. If ever you sold it, you could say "repaired" and a buyer would say "Uh? Where?" and cough up the readies, no problem. Well worth $100 and 18 months wait. -
Here's one on eBay, that includes a picture of the case. There's no guarantee (without provenance) that all the coins were originally part of the same set, but look for consistent toning. http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/380489341246?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y (I hope you can see that ok - when I first saw it you could switch between the pictures which were normal-looking not all squashed up like they are from that link. If it looks funny, try one of the other sets linked below it, then do a "go back" - it should correct itself).
-
That is a huge menu. 500 different varieties of cooked rice, for a start...
-
Is someone having a giraffe
Peckris replied to Gary D's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
If you alone have seen 2-3 then there must be MANY more than the "two known" which they claim! If the estimate is based on that spurious claim, then they are being a bit naughty. -
London Mint Office
Peckris replied to Coindome's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
Shave at weekends - there's more time than on a weekday morning -
That's weird. That link comes up with "Your search returned 0 items" (for that seller). ????? That's just a link to his current listings. There were 3 earlier this evening - they must have finished. There's always Completed listings - it's worth checking out for the uniformity of look! Ok, had a look at Completed. Blimey, the moron even polishes his EF and BU coins! Doesn't he realise what he could have got for them if he'd left well alone?? He's ruined a couple of BU 1887s, an 1817 halfcrown, an 1897 halfcrown.. What a pillock!
-
That's weird. That link comes up with "Your search returned 0 items" (for that seller). ?????
-
Premium on high grade coins?
Peckris replied to a topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
I've bought 2 of these LT's in the past on eBay auction, and was very pleased with the purchase price on both occasions. If this helps, I have sold one before on BIN & BO and was also very pleased with the outcome! It really all hinges on the quality of the images you can get onto eBay! Get links in the description to photobucket if you have to, just get the viewer an easy way to see a quality image! Don't do that 'I can send pictures' thing, that should be in Paulus's Room 101! So, not auction IMO, a 30-day BIN or BIN & BO IMHO. Everyone has very different views on this, to each his/her own! I see were you are coming from. I had also considered an auction with a highish reserve, then if under but close take the highest bidder. I do have interest in this coin but I've no idea what it's worth? Perhaps any dealer types could pm me their thoughts. I personally always run a mile when I see reserve not met on listings. I'd go bin & BO for this one! There aren't generally that many going through eBay, so you will get some interest for certain. I notice a seller on ebay has an example, a very nice one at that, on for BIN £750 A bit on the high side I would say as Spinks only quote £400 UNC/BU. Very tempting to put mine on for say BIN £300 to see if I get a bite. You don't seem to have read your PMs, Gary. -
4 options All feedback feedback from buyers feedback from sellers feedback left for others. Thanks for that (and Debbie) I would line up his buyers (and tom) Get a nice 10 lb cod and give their chops a nice slapping. Geez, this numpty again. I wonder if he's actually buying from himself, no One in their right mind World buy at his grade and prices. Still ashamed to say he's from Dundee He has a Festival of britain at ONLY £150, fecking bargain if you ask me Not such a daft idea. It may seem worth it to him to lose fees and commission, purely in order to build up a high feedback score.. then he can use that as a jumping off point to snare future newbies with too much money, not enough sense, and WAY too much trust. Ah, but his is the 1951 "proof", and as we all know, the 1951 is technically only proofLIKE - unless it comes from the proof set of course, in which case it is.. wait for it, wait for it.. absolutely identical to the prooflike. I have found that in general the crowns from the proof set tend to have a bit of frosting whereas the individually issued crowns are just shiny Though interestingly (and just to be different!) the crown I have in its box of issue (prooflike) has MORE frosting than the one in my proof set!
-
Thanks. It seems you can only "View item" on the last five. But that's enough to show what a priceless numpty (to borrow Dave's word) each buyer is. On Page 3, one of them even says "I give positive feedback, although I didn't received whah I bought." :lol:
-
4 options All feedback feedback from buyers feedback from sellers feedback left for others. Thanks for that (and Debbie) I would line up his buyers (and tom) Get a nice 10 lb cod and give their chops a nice slapping. Geez, this numpty again. I wonder if he's actually buying from himself, no One in their right mind World buy at his grade and prices. Still ashamed to say he's from Dundee He has a Festival of britain at ONLY £150, fecking bargain if you ask me Not such a daft idea. It may seem worth it to him to lose fees and commission, purely in order to build up a high feedback score.. then he can use that as a jumping off point to snare future newbies with too much money, not enough sense, and WAY too much trust. Ah, but his is the 1951 "proof", and as we all know, the 1951 is technically only proofLIKE - unless it comes from the proof set of course, in which case it is.. wait for it, wait for it.. absolutely identical to the prooflike.
-
Well done. I should really pull my finger out and get a decent 1948 (don't care about the edge type) - it's a nasty gap in my collection. FWIW my AEF 1949 is the sharp edged variety, but it's not going spare! (Though I'd happily swap it for a similar round edge example as I don't care about the edge distinction - however if the 1949 sharp edge is notably scarcer I would probably hope to swap mine for a better example of the rounded edge).
-
HENRY IV & V PENNY IMAGES WANTED
Peckris replied to Rob's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
-
Oops. I clicked the links beneath that crown, instead of the button at the top that says "View my other items". Ok, that brought up all his stuff, but here's the problem: I wanted to find all his Sold items. But... 1. the normal Advanced Search doesn't allow you to put a seller's name in 2. if you do an Advanced Search from his list, the best you can get is a list of Completed listings and the largest timespan you can search on is the Last 15 days. (Which was interesting, in that 4 pages of BINs - 50 per page - only showed 2 sales! so how he pays for his listings is anyone's guess). How do you get a list of only Sold items for a particular seller? How, for example, did you get to see his Anne 1711?
-
Yes, that crown price and grade is pretty unbelievable, and so is the feedback of 100% !!! I can only think he/she doesn't usually sell coins on eBay but has loads of other kinds of stuff. Unfortunately there is no way to check because if you click any of the "View my other items" links it brings up a window saying there's no items currently in auction or wherever.
-
Hire her as your cleaner? (Lock your coins away first )
-
Hi at all! Unfortunately that link does not work any more. Does anybody of you have a copy of that pdf, still? So, please share that one once again. This article seems to be very interesting and I would like to include the citation into the literature section of my documentation. Many thanks!! Christoph The link doesn't work for me either, and I was the one who uploaded it! And after a computer disaster in January I've lost a few months of data including the scans I made of the articles. My scanner doesn't work with my latest computer so I can't re-do them. So if anyone has kept their download I too would be very grateful.
-
hi new confuded dad here with 12 n 3 year old collectors
Peckris replied to matt's topic in Beginners area
The 'specimen sets' (brightly coloured holders; available from Post Offices for around £20) could be ok. However, the proof sets are hugely overpriced by the Royal Mint and can generally be got a year or three later at auctions for less than half their original issue price. -
I'd concur - VF money would be my bet, perhaps a little bit more. The hairlines may not look so bad in hand, after all the coin is greatly magnified.
-
A strange Elizabeth 1 shilling v worn
Peckris replied to scott's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
Where are you getting the shield from? I can't see it. Nor any design elements at all. -
Unlike a "roast beef" tax in this country