Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

secret santa

Accomplished Collector
  • Posts

    2,913
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    210

Everything posted by secret santa

  1. Also, rev A date is 11 teeth wide, rev B is 13 teeth wide - simples.
  2. There may be a clue in that the vendor won't post to the UK !
  3. Just goes to show the risks of buying coins from photographs alone. The camera lies like a cheap watch.
  4. You're absolutely right - surprised no-one spotted it before now - hopefully correct now.
  5. An in-focus photo would be helpful.
  6. Yes, simple as that with no variety !
  7. Picked up a very nice F28 a few days ago - auction estimate a very silly £80 - needless to say other people bid me much higher !
  8. Right, so coincidentally you have a coin struck with the same dies that is in much better condition and recognisable as A+b.
  9. Bernie, let me understand exactly what you're saying. Is it that only coins with reverse b that have that particular die crack and the close, sloping date figure 0 ? Whilst accepting that some reverse b coins have neither the die crack nor the 0 in the same position ?
  10. or are we dancers ????
  11. Spot on. But when a second one appears, the hunt is on !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Thanks Paddy, I'll print this out and have a play.
  13. Yes, it worked - generated a meaningless string of characters like yours but seemed to work. Thanks. My next question - if I create such a link, how do I then in the future prevent other people from accessing it if I wish ?
  14. Blakey I've added this and your 1874H 7 over 7 to my rarest penny website - hope you don't mind. Let me know if you'd like the pictures to be attributed to you.
  15. No, it's very typical of this variety - take at look at all the examples on my rarepenny website.
  16. Luckily, I already these 2 varieties (and a calculator to work out the hammer price plus commission).
  17. I think that this applies to me.
  18. Thanks again. Tell me, how did you obtain this link ? I have my own Onedrive with several files/folders. If I wanted to make a folder available as you have, what do I do ?
  19. But then again, when I hover over your onedrive link, the name fills me with dread (it's certainly not something that I'd recognise !)
  20. £4212-00 and £3978-00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  21. Thanks Paddy - I've never noticed this before as it's quite unobtusive. V useful.
  22. I've noticed that several people have put up what are ostensibly links to their Onedrives within a post - could this be a way of linking to a dangerous website ? I certainly never click on a spurious link within an email but some unscrupulous hacker might choose to tempt me down this route.
  23. All my F91s look like that.
×
×
  • Create New...